PRE-NCT CHECK – ONLY €40
- Full NCT Inspection of vehicle
- Emissions reading & printout
- Light focusing
- Car Wash
Price includes all of the above of above, labour & Vat.
The NCT was introduced on 4th January 2000 complying with the EU Directive, which makes car testing compulsory in EU member states. The Directive is aimed primarily at improving road safety and enhancing environmental protection. NCTS is operating this service on behalf of the Government and is committed to providing the highest standards of customer service.
Our approach to NCT testing is designed to minimise the cost to you. Rather than carrying out potentially unnecessary work on your car in advance of the NCT, we recommend a three stage approach.
- When you book your car with Car Service Ireland for a pre NCT check We will inspect your car thoroughly and carry out a pre NCT checklist.
- If there are defects in the vehicle we put a quotation in place to make the repairs and contact the customer. At that point its up to the customer to make the decision weather they wish to repair the vehicle or bring it for its NCT first.
- If you fail on a specific item, we will then repair that item as detailed by the NCT. This approach is designed to avoid speculative expenditure on work that is not necessary.
- Check all the vehicle lights and condition of lens.
- Check headlamp alignment and adjust if necessary free of charge.
- Check wiper blades condition and operation
- Check washers
- Check horn operation
- Check condition of safety belts and operation
- Connect diagnostic scanner to car and check airbag, abs, and engine management for any faults and reset if possible
- Check exhaust emission and catalyser condition for petrol only
- Check engine mount condition
- Check timing belt condition
- Check oil level
- Check for oil leaks
- Check tyre condition, specification and set tyre pressures
- Visual inspection of all brake pipes and hoses
- Check suspension and steering for wear
- Visual check of all shock absorbers
- Visual inspection of front brake pads and discs
- Visual inspection of rear disc and pads if fitted
- Check wheel bearings
- Check CV joints and gaiters
- Check handbrake operation
- Check exhaust for leaks and condition
- Check registration plate condition
- General inspection of body work for rust
- Check all glass for chips and cracks
- Check that all door and window operated correctly